-
January 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM
#11
Inactive Member
ok, i need that CRV belt size thanks.
and on the pulley, i wasnt sure what size it was.
i thought it might have a modified pulley on the actually supercharger itself, but now to think of it, he might have had a diff size crank pulley thats why i read only 5psi and kerry (previous owner) had his at 8psi.
sorry if i confused you more, i bought the supercharger with no knowledge of the equipment on it, im just trying to sort it out myself.
-
January 8th, 2005, 08:06 AM
#12
Inactive Member
im glad NAPA is down the street from my house [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
January 20th, 2005, 12:59 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Real quick question in regards to the jrsc 6 psi kit I have on my gsr motor. If I have the crv pulley upgrade, would you happen to know the size for the crv crank to ac pulley? The stock one is 31 inches. Now, the belt for the gsr crank pulley to alternator is 31.5 inches. But when you change to the crv pulley, it changes to a 33.5 inch belt. Does the belt that goes to the ac compressor also get larger by 2.5 inches? Like, would the belt from a crv crank pulley to ac compressor now be 33.5 inches?
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 19, 2005 09:08 PM: Message edited by: racerx159 ]</font>
-
January 20th, 2005, 09:55 AM
#14
Inactive Member
(pulled from archives thanks to crom and holden)
All GSR belts are 4 rib.
Stock Belt Sizes
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 33" = 835mm
6psi JRSC Belt Sizes
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 24.5" = 620mm
8psi JRSC with Blower Pulley Belt Sizes
AC = 31" = 790mm
PS = 36.5" = 930mm
Alt. = 31.5" = 800mm
Blower = 23.4"-24" = 595mm-610mm
10psi JRSC with CRV Pulley Belt Sizes
AC = ????
PS = 900mm
Alt. = 850mm
Blower = 24.5" = 620mm
i couldnt find the AC belt size, im intrested in this myself. im installing the CRV crank pulley sometime when the weather permits, its really cold! also what should i set my timing to? what should i gap my spark plugs at?
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 20, 2005 05:58 AM: Message edited by: DC2NR ]</font>
-
January 20th, 2005, 04:16 PM
#15
Senior Hostboard Member
I am not sure... I believe you are very close, however, check the archives for this answer. I believe both Adam and Greg (CROM and Holden) made posts with this information in them.
-
January 21st, 2005, 01:19 AM
#16
Inactive Member
Well this I know. The timing should be set while street tuning or on a dyno, to see if you get gains or not. As far as your plugs, for about 10 psi just gap them at about 34 or 32 at the most. My car is at around 8 psi with the stock kit, I know, a little more than supposed to be, anyway I gapped mine at 32 and it has been fine for six months.
-
January 27th, 2005, 03:00 AM
#17
Inactive Member
did u confirm it was 33.5 for a/c belt on crv crank pulley?
-
January 27th, 2005, 05:29 AM
#18
Inactive Member
nah, not yet. I'm waiting for the warmth to start coming back. But I will update this with the belt size since it's something that I definitely will be getting.
-
January 27th, 2005, 02:39 PM
#19
Inactive Member
ima try the 33.5 on my car, hopefully it fits, im doing everything all day today
-
January 27th, 2005, 03:20 PM
#20
Inactive Member
aww man, that's great. Let me know if the 33.5 works. If that's the case then you can get the belt and if your crv crank to alternator belt, which is also 33.5, all you have to do is swap the belt from the ac to the alternator. Oh... wait a minute, I forgot about having to drop that side of the motor to remove that belt anyway. Well, anywho, at least you only have to get the same belts as your spare for both. Let me know by posting here so I can save it for future reference and for me and spring time before anyone forgets. Lord knows the racers don't need that information but I'm a little more practical. Why not go fast and stay coooooolll. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks